The Records & Identification Section handles all reports generated by the CNMI Department of Public Safety.
Our Purpose and Goal:
To provide better customer service to both our internal and external customers. The Section does this by storing, retrieving, reproducing, and delivering reports to all of our customers.
What we do:
- Issue copies of criminal and accident reports.
- Process all fingerprints needed for the purposes of employment and licensing.
- Conduct local background checks on individuals upon request.
- Issue citation books for police officers.
- Maintain a filing system of all police reports (criminal / traffic), EMS reports, citations, firearms application/identification cards, shooting gallery / dealers’ applications and licenses.
- Register all civilian owned firearms, ammunition, and explosives in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (some restrictions applied).
- Safe keep expired firearms and issue upon approval and/or completion of firearms application.
The following reports are available:
Accident Report for a collision involving one or more vehicles.
To obtain a copy of an accident report, you may request it through mail or in person at our office located
in Susupe, Saipan next to the Division of Motor Vehicle. You must provide the following:
- Name of the person involved in the accident
- Date of the accident
- Payment receipt from the Revenue and Tax Office
Having the DPS Reference Card is very helpful. Reports are usually available 3 to 5 working days after the accident.
There is a $2.00 fee (money order payable to the CNMI Treasury and a return envelop with your address) for the accident report, if requested through mail.
Call (670) 664-9072/3 for further assistance. We cannot release information about the accident over the telephone.
The Name of the Name of the person who requested for Police assistance
Date of the offense
Location where the offense occurred
Offense Report for an offense involving: breaking into a vehicle, burglary, identity theft, lost property,
assault, auto theft, missing person, etc.
To obtain a copy of a criminal report, you will need:
Having the DPS Reference Card is very helpful. There is a fee of $2.00 for the criminal report (money order payable to the CNMI Treasury and a return envelop with your address if requested through the mail). There is no fee per page when requesting reports at the service window. Only the first page is available for release.
Call (670) 664-9072/3 for further assistance. We cannot release information about the offense over the telephone.
To obtain specialized information from records being maintained by the Department, submit a written request to the
Commissioner of the CNMI Department of Public Safety for approval. You may file the request in person or mail it to:
Records & Identification Section
P.O. Box 500791
Civic Center, Susupe
Saipan, MP 96950 or
Fax it to (670) 664-9075
The hours of operation for the public are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday and closed on weekends and holidays.